Beginnings, endings, and going-ons. 2014 will have all of these. Just as 2013 did. And during 2013, as days flaked off one at a time, we at MarryMyBuddy met some wit, you know. Sometimes in quotes on the Web or texted by a pal or scribbled in glitter in a funky loo. They made us smile, chuckle softly, and call out to the person nearest to us to share it with. (Unless of course, we saw it in the loo. In that case, we shared it only after we got out.)
This year, we know you’ll have some laser-sharp goals. Yet while you’re busy treading your way to victory, here’s something to take with you. Something a little silly, a little cheery, a little light.
Wishing you all a happy, open-hearted New Year!
1. I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade. And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party! – Ron White
2. If people winked in real life as much as they do in text messages, this world would be a pretty creepy place 😉 – Anonymous
3. I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. – Douglas Adams
4. Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city. – George Burns
5. The severity of the itch is inversely proportional to the ability to reach it.
6. A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.
7. Stop asking why I’m still single. I don’t ask how you’re still married.
8. Do not worry about avoiding temptation. As you grow older it will avoid you. – Joey Adams
9. Food, love, career, and mothers, the four major guilt groups. –Cathy Guisewite
10. I found there was only one way to look thin: hang out with fat people. – Rodney Dangerfield
11. They say marriages are made in Heaven. But so are thunder and lightning. – Clint Eastwood
12. “By the time you swear you’re his,
Shivering and sighing.
And he vows his passion is,
Lady make note of this —
One of you is lying.”
13. “Take care of the luxuries and the necessities will take care of themselves.” – Dorothy Parker
14. Always keep a bottle of champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special is that you’ve got a bottle of champagne in the fridge.
photo by nosha